Chronic Disease Self-Management Programs
Living Well with Chronic Conditions
The Northland Living Well Collaborative offers free classes throughout the year to help you manage your health condition and live well. Materials are included and classes are free!
Platte County Senior Fund providing Evidence-Based Chronic Disease Self-Management Education and Falls Prevention Programs for Platte County residents 60 or older at no charge.
The Chronic Disease Self-Management Education programs will assist older adults to better manage their chronic condition, improve their quality of life, and lower health care costs. The six-week classes, participants make weekly action plans, share experiences, and help each other solve problems they encounter in creating and carrying out their self-management program.
- Chronic Disease Self-Management
- Chronic Pain Self-Management
- Diabetes Self-Management
Evidence-Based Falls Prevention programs help older adults reduce the risk of falling.
- A Matter of Balance – This program is designed to reduce fear of falling, diminish the risk of falling, and improve activity levels. Class meets once or twice weekly for eight sessions.
- Walk with Ease – Participants meet three times weekly for six weeks to build confidence in order to be physically active. Includes exercises, personalized walking routines, and free walking guidebook.
- Tai Chi for Arthritis and Falls Prevention – A safe way to relieve arthritis pain and gain balance, strength, and flexibility. Tai chi can be done both seated and standing; classes meet twice weekly for 45-60 minutes.
For more information, contact: